Can8ianben's Blog

This is a blog about me. I'm sure it will at some point talk about the things that I love... that being, my wife Meredith, family, friends, EMU, the Jays and baseball, the Maple Leafs, music, art, TV, biking, and whatever else is going on in my mind.

Friday, February 03, 2006

wheels keep on spinning round













Last night I witnessed a bicycle wheel being built... I feel like I now know what its like to have a child being born (just kidding). But seriously, it was really sweet.


Matt and Kurt put it together and Matt picked a pretty gutsy pattern...




















(Thanks to Rowland Cook for the pic http://www.terminalvelocity.demon.co.uk/WheelBuild/)

Anyway, it was pretty satisfying to see it come together, and I didn't even do anything! More pictures, courtisy of Matt, can be found here -- http://www2.emu.edu/students/mas457/bikeprojects/index.htm


















Parts for my fixed gear should be in today, then more fun will begin.


Today there was a posting on www.fixedgeargallery.com that I think was pretty solid... it definitely fits the way I feel -- "All apologies to the rightfully grouchy messengers who had their subculture hijacked by a bunch of yahoos like me. Wanna race?"

That's enough for now.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home