Can8ianben's Blog

This is a blog about me. I'm sure it will at some point talk about the things that I love... that being, my wife Meredith, family, friends, EMU, the Jays and baseball, the Maple Leafs, music, art, TV, biking, and whatever else is going on in my mind.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ball Pool

Along with baseball season comes fantasy baseball season. It's kind of hard to understand if you have never been a part of a baseball pool, but it gets inside your head like little else does. This year I'm planning to be in 3 pools, maybe more.

While each pool is a little bit different, they all basically involve selecting players from major league teams and then getting rewarded with points for the individual statistics they put up. Most leagues involve trading, picking up new players, and dropping those who get injured or retire. Pretty nerdy, right?

I've been a part of the Markham Menno's pool for quite some time. Never the less, I've never finished higher than 6th out of 12 teams. Its pretty sad, but I really like it. I'm thinking this is a pretty good pool, because other's I have been in I have done quite well. It is based in my home area, so I rarely get to attend any of the meetings, but it is still a good way to interact with some guys from home.

For the first time this season I will be joining a pool that has been running for 5 years and will include 16 teams. It has it's quirks (each pool is different) and should be another great experience. It includes people from all over the USA, which makes for some interesting communication.

Anyway, that's about it. I'm sure I will post my teams when they are selected.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think your team stinks. so do you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home