Can8ianben's Blog

This is a blog about me. I'm sure it will at some point talk about the things that I love... that being, my wife Meredith, family, friends, EMU, the Jays and baseball, the Maple Leafs, music, art, TV, biking, and whatever else is going on in my mind.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

MLS -- here I come....

I've never been a big fan of soccer... Sure, I'll occasionally watch a game or two, but by no means would I say I'm a big fan. I will admit that there is some very big appeal to such an international game, but I've never really felt that strong of a commitment to any particular team. This is probably a big reason that the NFL ranks 4th in my mind of the four major North American sports... there is no Canadian team to pull for!

Many will say that soccer is boring. As a baseball fan I try not to get caught up in how thrilling a sport is - for me it depends on your commitment level to what is happening in the game. A 1-0 baseball game is actually pretty exciting to me.

Anyway, all this to say that Toronto was awarded a Major League Soccer team. I think it might be time to start being a fan. There is something special about being able to say "I've been a fan since before there even was a team!"

So here comes the band wagon, I'm getting ready to jump on.

EDIT: While reading Brad Hoffman's blog I discovered this entry -- http://bradhoffmanphoto.blogspot.com/2006/08/xelaj-820.html
and I'm pretty sure that this article is the reason that soccer is so intriging. If fans can get THAT excited, why can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home