Can8ianben's Blog

This is a blog about me. I'm sure it will at some point talk about the things that I love... that being, my wife Meredith, family, friends, EMU, the Jays and baseball, the Maple Leafs, music, art, TV, biking, and whatever else is going on in my mind.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oh Canada!

The Stanley Cup Playoffs are actually being broadcast on TV down here in the 'burg -- I'm not sure if anyone actually knows that, but they are.

The first game in Edmonton made me proud to be Canadian, and also kind of homesick....

The singer who was singing Oh Canada sang the first line or two, then simply held up the microphone and let the crowd sing the rest. It was loud, it was clear, it was beautiful. It still gives me chills.

Now if only the Oilers could pick it up and send those 'Canes back to Carolina without Lord Stanley's Mug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home