Can8ianben's Blog

This is a blog about me. I'm sure it will at some point talk about the things that I love... that being, my wife Meredith, family, friends, EMU, the Jays and baseball, the Maple Leafs, music, art, TV, biking, and whatever else is going on in my mind.

Friday, June 09, 2006

The Harrisonburg Turks.

My good friend Michael and I ventured out into Americana tonight and made our first trip to a Turks game. This minor Minor League softball team - named for the city's many turkey farms - plays at the old high school stadium.



It was a perfect night for a ballgame, and we ate it up. At least until it got too cold... we left at the end of the 5th inning.


We had pretty good seats... 4 rows behind homeplate :) The crowd was small but noisy, and were happy to see that the winless Turks were finally scoring runs. They were 0-6 going into this game, and were winning 8-2 by the time we left.


A good night overall. There is little that compares to the combination of country folk, baseball, the smell of hotdogs, little kids running around eating candy, and a beautiful sunset in the background. Worth our $5, even though we left early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home