Can8ianben's Blog

This is a blog about me. I'm sure it will at some point talk about the things that I love... that being, my wife Meredith, family, friends, EMU, the Jays and baseball, the Maple Leafs, music, art, TV, biking, and whatever else is going on in my mind.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Half way there...


15 down, 15 to go.

Last night marked the half way point on my quest to see all 30 major league baseball stadiums. Dodger Stadium was a great stop on this seemingly never ending journey of mine (4 new parks are set to open in the next 3 years).

Highlights and impressions:

- loved the old school pastel colors on the seats in the different levels
- thought it was awesome the way that this stadium was built into the side of a hill
- really enjoyed the tradition of the clean white/dodger blue uniforms that haven't changed in years
- Dodger Dogs are tasty but very overpriced
- the "THINK BLUE" sign reminiscent of HOLLYWOOD in the hills of Chavez Ravine is a nice touch
- fake flashbulbs around the stadium after a HR were tacky, but fitting with the LA crowd
- Randy Newman's "I love LA" playing after the game was a great way to cap off the win
- Dodger fans seem more blue collar and multi-racial than Angels fans (which gives them credibility in my books)
- getting in early for batting practice means being crammed into the small left field section
- the San Diego Padres are the bad guys !?!
- I think I very quickly find myself being a fan of this team

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home