Can8ianben's Blog

This is a blog about me. I'm sure it will at some point talk about the things that I love... that being, my wife Meredith, family, friends, EMU, the Jays and baseball, the Maple Leafs, music, art, TV, biking, and whatever else is going on in my mind.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Images from DC

This week I've been in DC for a Bread for the World conference. It was a fantastic time full of meaning, fun, and new friends. Sadly the best picture of the group that my camera captured is the one below...


And I'm not even in it! Our group was in DC to lobby our members of congress regarding hunger and poverty issues that Bread for the World is working on. It was a unique side of DC that I've never experienced before.


I also got a chance to wander around the city and get some classic shots of the area.


After the conference I made a point to stop at the Brickskeller, home of the world's largest selection of bottled beer. Kind of overwhelming, but a great experience!


Part of the Bread for the World baquet included making this prayer chain. This dinner was really a great time to meet people and eat some fantastic food (somewhat ironic having a lavish banquet when you are working for hunger and poverty justice... but that is a whole other issue).


This is our California delegation being prepped for our big day.


And a great picture of our group after our first meeting with Senator Baxter's office.


This is a stairwell in the capital building.


and a marquee shot of the dome.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home